Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

"Oh no! It's gone!"

We headed to Bear Lake for Spring Break the first week of April.  We were excited to get out of the mess of construction and have real bathrooms to use!!  We knew that half of the house would be knocked down while we were gone.

Here's what the house looked like before.  The little front porch had already been pulled off.


Here's another view


I of course wanted to see the tear down.  I mean, how often do you get to see your house knocked down?!  So we came back to see it happen.  I thought the kids would get a kick out of watching but after about 10 minutes they were ready to go.  What's up with that??

When we got to the house they were already about half way back.  They worked so fast and it was amazing to see how gently they used that huge equipment to pull it down.




For safety reasons were weren't allowed on the property while they were working.  We sat in our van across the street and watched.  We would go run errands for a while and then go back to the house to see what they had done.  When we came back the last time, they were just about done and our little 2 year old said, "Oh no!  It's gone!"  He even had a little tear in his eye.  I was thinking the same thing!


Here's what it looked like when they were just about finished.




We realized how tiny the original part of the house really is.  I got a little emotional thinking about the generations of Edwards who raised their children in that house.  I wondered if Grandpa Lee and Grandma Bonnie, and Alice were watching it all happen.  Oh, it must have been a sight for them if they were!

2 comments:

  1. So amazing to see. I'm glad I wasn't there because I would probably be scavenging old wood and anything I could get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't actually move there until I was in 6th Grade I believe so it was only one or now two. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete