Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

A Room With a View and Other Stuff

There were a couple weeks where there were so many people coming and going I just opened the door and let everyone in.  At one point I had plumbers, electricians, heating and air, and my contractor all in my house at once.  My front yard looked like a redneck parking lot!!

It was great to see the windows and doors go in and know that the critters were no longer allowed to roam in my new house.

I especially like this bump out in the dining room.  It mimics the bay window in the front of the house and the extra room around the table in nice.  It will eventually get a little deck off from it.


Here's a back view of the house with the new windows.  You may also notice my washing machine at the back of the house.  I was really glad to have it hooked up but it's not really the ideal laundry room!


 While the windows were going in so was the electrical, plumbing, and insulation.  We upgraded the insulation and got spray foam on the roof and blow in for the walls.  It was amazing the difference that made in the upstairs of the house right away.  I think we will be having warm winters and cool summers now.

Here's a good view of the spray on insulation in the ceiling.


And another good view.  You can see how it just fills in every little nook and cranny.


Here's a view of the walls in an upstairs bedroom.


So I think we are ready for sheet rock!!  Boy, that's going to change the look of things!

1 comment: