Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

Connecting the Old and New

I realized I am so far behind on blog posts!!  The actual house is almost done but from my blog you wouldn't know it.  The house has been sucking up so much of our time that I haven't even had time to post anything.  I'll try and catch up!

The moment finally arrived to connect the old side of the house to the new.  I was really excited to see that happen.  I had only been in the upstairs of the new side once and I had to climb a ladder to do it.  I'm not a big fan of climbing ladders!

There was a small hole cut first so I could peak through, adding to the anticipation!  Can you peak through and see the new side?


A couple days later the "extra" parts of the house were removed and the two sides were joined together.

This view was taken standing on the stairs looking upward into the new part of the house.  The old house ended at the top of the stairs.  There was a wall at the top of the stairs and they curved left sending you to the two old bedrooms.


Here's another view standing at the top of the stairs looking into the new part.  The kid's bathroom is straight ahead with two bedrooms to the right.  There ended up being enough space outside the bathroom and bedrooms to put a little family room up there for the kids.  Bonus!! 


This is the view from the kid's bathroom looking into the old part of the house.  The new bedrooms are to the left and you get a view of the family room.


I'm just adding this last photo so you can get a sense of the mess we have been living in for the past few months!!  Yuck!!  This is right at the connection of the old and new house.  Notice the gaping hole in the floor!  Hope you don't sleep walk because at my house it could be deadly!!



3 comments:

  1. I believe you have the patience of Job. I would probably have run off into the night screaming obscenities weeks if not months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an exciting project! We always wanted to use the space in the attic above the front room and approach it through the wall at the top of the stairs. However, my father surveyed the attic by cutting through the outside wall and decided that there wasn't enough height.
    You have made the house into what it was supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering how old Mr. Who-who is holding up...any speculation as to where he'll end up after the dust finally settles? In the new dormer, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete