Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Corn and Krab Chowder

Corn and Krab Chowder
(Yes, that's Krab with a "k")

So, I'm not normally a big fan of soups.  They just never seem to fill me up.  However, it has been so snowy and cold here that this chowder sounded so good to me.

I make this Corn and Krab Chowder all winter and the family LOVES it.  It's hearty and delicious and a great way to get the kids to eat fish!  Don't tell them I said that!





So, go grab your ingredients and let's get started!  Here's what you need:

1/4 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon dillweed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
1 can corn, drained
1/2 pound krab (yes that's krab with a "k".  Let's face it, I'm on a budget!  I use the fake stuff and it tastes great!)



In a large pot melt the butter and cook the onions until tender but not brown.  Stir in the flour, dillweed, and pepper and cook for one minute.  Add the milk and chicken broth.  Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.  Add the corn and krab.  Cook and stir until heated through.

Simple, right?!

I like to serve mine in bread bowls or with yummy bread sticks.  Maybe if your lucky I'll share my favorite bread sticks recipe!

Enjoy and have a cozy warm day!!



3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Do you make your own bread bowls or buy them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilee
      I have been buying the bread bowls but I was just thinking the other day I should learn to make them. I'm sure they would taste better and then I could make little ones for the kids!

      Delete