Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Tie Scarf

Tie Scarf

It has been extra cold here this winter and so I was thinking the other day that I needed a new scarf to wear. I wanted something a little different and I came up with this idea.  Why not take some old neck ties and sew them together to make a scarf.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  What do ya think?




It was really easy to do and cost under $10.  I went to a local thrift store and looked for ties that were color coordinated.  You will need about 4 ties per scarf.



All you need to do is mark the center of each tie with a pin.


Then, lay the ties so that you have a fat end and a skinny end lined up together, matching the center pins.  Now, sew them together.  I just used a zig zag stitch but if you have fancy stitches on your machine that would look really good.


When you are done stitching just iron with a cool iron and you're done!  Super easy and I think very cute!  So, go dig through your hubby's closet and grab some old ties and get started!  Keep warm!!!




1 comment: