Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Cowboy Britches


I love to find cute little ways to fancy up my kid's clothes. I always find lots of girly things but it's much harder to find things for the boys.  I found some great trim the other day and thought it was perfect for my little guy. Are these cute britches or what?!


I know, so cute!  I made a pair of these years ago as a baby shower gift and they were a hit.

Here's what you need:
  • A pair of britches - make sure they have grippers (snaps) in the inseam.  Otherwise you won't be able to get up into the legs to sew the trim on.



  • The trim - I found mine at Hobby Lobby but other sewing stores have it.



  • Denim needle for your sewing machine - you can try with a regular needle but plan on it breaking a bunch of times.  Ask me how I know!!



All you do is sew the trim up the side seams of the pants.  You can use overalls like I did or just on a regular pair of jeans.  I've also seen this trim in pink.  That would be adorable on a little denim skirt for girls!



I also sewed some of the trim along the top of the back pockets.  You could do it on the front center pocket also.  Go crazy!!


This little cowboy loves his new britches!!


He's calling grandma to tell her to read this blog!


Somewhat Simple
Thirty Handmade Days

5 comments:

  1. This is a fun idea. Loved the pictures, especially of Little Britches calling his Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! The phone was the only way I could get him to hold still. He's on the run these days.

      Delete
  2. What size of cowboy boots does he need? We'll get some for ole blue eyes.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete