Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jana's Breadsticks

Jana's Breadsticks


I just realized I promised to post a really yummy and easy breadsticks recipe and I never did!  Silly me!!  I hope they were worth the wait.  Actually, I know they are!  My family loves these because homemade bread just tastes so good and these are quick and easy enough that I actually will make them.  (unlike most of the bread recipes I have!)


I call these Jana's Breadsticks because my best friend Jana gave me this recipe years ago and every time I make them my kids will say,  "are you making Jana's breadsticks?".  So now we just call them her breadsticks!  Thanks Jana!!



Here's the recipe for these yummies!


Jana’s Breadsticks

1 Tbs. yeast                               ½ tsp. salt                     Garlic Salt
1 ½ C. warm water                  3 C. flour                       Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbs. sugar                            6 Tbs. butter

Preheat oven to 375’F.  Mix yeast, water, and sugar.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Add salt and flour.  Knead.  Let rest for 10 minutes.  Melt butter and pour onto a cookie sheet.  Spread dough out on pan.  Srpinkel with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.  Score into strips with a pizza cutter.  Let rise for 15 minutes.  Bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
                                                                   Gretchenshouse.blogspot.com 



I always score the dough before I let it rise and bake.  Then the breadsticks just pull apart after they are cooked.


These breadsticks are fantastic with homemade soups and pastas.  You could pair them with my Corn and Krab Chowder!


Mmmmmmm!  So so good!  Worth the wait?  I hope so!
Lil\'Luna


2 comments: