Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Living Room Finished!

The living room is finally done! We still need to hang the clock and dig a few more decor items out of storage but other than that it's done! I can't be more excited to have one room in the house complete.  I can actually let people in now!!

Just to refresh your memory, here is the before:



And here it is...drum roll please... (and just a side note, I'm obviously not a photographer, so please excuse the awful photos.  The lighting is terrible!  Sorry!)


Isn't that so much better?  It was a little challenging to decide where to place the furniture but I think we did ok.  There wasn't enough room for a couch and love seat so we opted for a couch and two chairs, which I actually like better.


 In order to get enough seating in the room I decided to float the furniture in front of the bay window.  This room will act as the living/family room for us so we needed to get a lot of things in there.  The entertainment center that houses video games, DVDs, CDs, and a host of other things was a must.  I can get so much storage out of that unit I was not about to give it up.

Those familiar with this room will notice the new doorway.  The boarded up door will lead to the new kitchen and the black door on the left leads to the basement.  You will also notice we opened up the original doorway to the mud room (better know as the 'tool' room).


 Also a must was the piano.  Originally we wanted a separate music room but we weren't able to fit that into the house plans so the piano ended up in the living room.  I think we found an ok spot for it.



You'll notice my new old chair found it's home by the sewing machine in the bay window.



One of my favorite things in this room is this cabinet.  I found it in a friend's garage.  She was having a yard sale and I spotted this cabinet and asked her about it.  She was willing to part with it so home it came with me.  I think I paid $10 for it.  It was off white and needed some work but I love old rustic things.  I took the handles off, fixed a few things, painted it black, and put the handles back on.  It looks cute sitting in the corner and who can't use more storage!



Another piece of furniture that I gussied up was this end table.  I've had it since I was a kid.  It was dark brown and I wasn't sure I wanted to use it in the new living room but I needed a little table and it just fit perfectly.  I decided to give it a coat of accent paint and I now love it.


I scuffed it up on the edges, ya know, because I can't leave anything alone.  So cute!


Anyway, a great big huge thank you to my hubby and father-in-law who worked really hard to get this project done!!  Oh, and my oldest son too!  Now, all my friends and family come on over and see me!!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, sir! Now you need to come see it in person!

      Delete
  2. Oh we love it! We really like the crown molding, it makes the box Todd built for the heat vent to the room above disappear. And of course all the colors and decor are superb. Can't wait to see it in person. Good work! Alan and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for you to see it too! Soon I hope!!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! I love everything you've done.

    ReplyDelete